Hello, Tracy here, I’m back from Made From Pinterest to share with you the most amazing Moist Lemon Cake Recipe. This recipe is famous at my house, even my daughter who doesn’t like cake loves this Moist Lemon Cake!
When we found out that my daughter had Celiac Disease our lives were turned upside down until we learned how to eat gluten free. It didn’t take too long for us to learn how to convert many of our favorite recipes to gluten free.
I’m one of those people who happens to love all things lemon so I couldn’t pass up converting this recipe to gluten free. I was pretty sure my non-cake loving daughter would pass when asked to give it a try. She very nonchalantly grabbed a fork and took a bite.
A surprised smile spread across her face and she said “mom, this cake is awesome”! I was shocked and tickled to see her eat not one but two pieces!
Usually we make it in a 9×13 cake pan but I recently purchased a five layer cake pan kit from Wilton and made it with those pans. Now our Moist Lemon Cake tastes decadent and looks elegant!
- 1 18.25-ounce yellow cake mix I used a box of Betty Crocker’s Gluten Free Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box lemon instant pudding
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons real butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Prepared sweetened whip cream or whipped topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×13-inch pan, or 5 small round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray.[br]
- Do not follow the instructions on the cake or pudding boxes. Instead combine your cake mix, pudding, eggs, milk and oil. Beat 30 seconds on low speed, scrape edges of bowl well and beat an additional 2 minutes on medium-high speed.[br]
- Pour cake batter into desired cake pans and bake according to cake mix box instructions, increase baking time if needed, until a skewer inserted in cake comes out clean. [br]
- Just before the cake is finished baking make the glaze by combining the melted butter, fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar.[br]
- Remove cake from oven, use skewer or fork to poke holes all over each layer of cake. Pour glaze over the cake and allow to soak into the holes. Reserve a small amount of glaze to drizzle over the top of the cake and or individual pieces.[br]
- You can allow the cake to cool to room temperature or chill if desired. Serve with whip cream.
More yummy cake recipes!